Retirement wishes are a way of saying goodbye to someone you appreciate. It is hard to choose the right balance of words and find the right sentiment. Although it is an exciting time for the person concerned, it may not be for you. The person about to retire should be looking forward to his/her new life and focusing on new goals.
If they are struggling with this, you can read about all the stages of retirement and how to navigate them in our useful post about How to Enjoy Every Moment of Retirement Life.
In this post, we will help you find the best retirement wishes for your Boss, colleague or father plus some funny ones!
When you send retirement wishes to someone, you want to be remembered by your words. You need to show your appreciation of their contribution and support.
If you are looking for retirement quotes, read our article about the best quotes for retirement.
How to Write Retirement Wishes?
If you want your words to touch the person and stand out from the crowd, you need to write the retirement wishes from your heart. Your message should also be personalised.
You need to be original but not off topic. You should also avoid being too friendly or funny when writing retirement wishes for your Boss.
To help you to write perfect retirement wishes, follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Take a pen and paper and write down all your favourite memories about the person.
- Step 2: Ask yourself why they influenced you or helped you.
- Step 3: Try to describe the retiree’s personality.
- Step 4: Think about the plans of the retired person. Are they going to travel, become a volunteer, etc?
All these steps will help you personalise your retirement wishes. However, if you are stuck for ideas, you will find great ideas for retirement wishes organised by categories below.
Click on the category to jump to the right section of the article:
- Retirement Wishes For Boss
- Retirement Wishes For Colleague
- Retirement Wishes For Friend
- Retirement Wishes For Father – Dad
- Funny Retirement Wishes
Retirement Wishes For Boss
You can replace Boss by the name of the person as this will be more personal and polite.
- Dear Boss, I am sure you will miss having someone do everything for you. Cheers! Congratulations on your hard-earned retirement!
- Dear Boss, No more targets, no more goals, no more KPIs and no more meetings. All there is left to do now is to unfurl all the happiness that life has in store. Congratulations on your retirement.
- Congratulations Boss, You have been a big part of the company. Your knowledge and years of experience brought the company to where it is today. Thank you for all the hard work! We will miss you so much!
- Dear Boss, You are an embodiment of optimism and hard work. Thank you for inspiring us every day at work. We will miss you! Congratulations on your retirement!
- Dear Boss, Working with you has been an immense pleasure the past couple of years. Your graciousness about the people with whom you work, your delight in and acknowledgment of their successes, and your ability to make them the heroes, has always impressed me.
- Congratulations Boss, I wish you a happy retirement not because I empathize with your age, but because I am inspired by the terrific career you have had and life you have lived so far. Good luck.
- Dear Boss, Your guidance and encouragement have helped me and so many other co-workers thrive in an extremely competitive environment, and we have been so fortunate to have your expertise to rely on. You will be missed, but I know your retirement is the right thing at this time. May the next phase of your life bring you all that you seek and more.
- Dear Boss, I have been lucky to have such a great and understanding boss. I will miss you and your leadership. Happy Retirement.
- Congratulations Boss, Your presence, your guidance, and your supervision inspire us to do better. A colleague like you is simply irreplaceable. Happy Retirement for you!
- Just wanted to say that I found so many of your ideas inspiring. It is hard to imagine our workplace without you! I hope retirement brings you the chance to do whatever it is that you always wanted to do but did not get to. All the best!
- Dear Boss, Cheers to your well-earned retirement! The contributions that you have imparted on the company are invaluable. You are one of the foundations to this company’s success! Congratulations!
- Dear Boss, The workplace will never be the same without you – the jokes, the laughter, the chats over coffee break and our Friday night out! We shared so many fun memories! You will surely be missed! Happy retirement!
- Congratulations Boss on your retirement. The department will never be the same without your leadership. We will miss you.
- You have made such a difference with your constant optimism, enthusiasm, and willingness to answer questions, no matter how stupid. Somehow, you were able to make what seemed complicated into something we could all be excited about and get behind. I know we will all really miss you. Thank you for everything you have done and enjoyed yourself!
- Congratulations Boss for the dedication and hard work. You deserve the best retirement ever. Enjoy this new journey of your life.
- Dear Boss, While your lovely presence will be missed in the office, the great work you did here ensures that you will not be forgotten anytime soon. What you achieved at this company made quite an impact, and that is not so easy to do these days. Thank you for being a tireless professional, a helpful co-worker, and a good friend. Now go and relax!
- Congratulations Boss, Retiring does not mean that we will lose touch. I will keep you posted on the latest gossip so make a daily check on your email or better yet, let us have dinner occasionally. I will miss you! Congratulations on your richly deserved retirement!
- You have been so wonderful to work with—so many brilliant and creative ideas and suggestions that I have lost track – and you will be sorely missed. It has been an honour and a privilege to work with you. You are also a wonderful friend and I appreciate your friendship and caring more than I can say. Our friendship, which is near and dear to my heart, will continue, I know.
- Dear Boss, To one of the best people that the company/office has ever had. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Best wishes Boss, Retirement marks the beginning of your career as a sage who never follows his own wise words. Happy Retirement!
- Wishing you a new set of success in this fresh chapter of your journey, a blossom of opportunities ahead and more adrenaline-pumping adventures to come your way. Happy Retirement!
- Good news Boss, Your retirement means that you got promoted to one of the best roles in your life. Congratulations.
- Congratulations Boss, You have set a great example to everyone at work. You are our role model by the ways of your teamwork, diligence, efficiency, and friendliness. Thank you for being someone we can look up to. Congratulations on your hard-earned retirement!
- To one of the best people in the office, congratulations on your retirement!
- Best wishes Boss, You embody hard work and optimism. Thank you for bringing such joy to the office. We will miss you!
- To one of the best people who has worked at this office: I am sad to see you go but wishing you all the best in this next stage of life!
- Thank you, Boss, for all your hard work and dedication. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Congrats Boss, You are now your own boss!
- Happy retirement! You will be missed but never forgotten!
- Your new quarterly goal: avoiding anything that resembles work! Congratulations on your retirement!
- What’s the Best Gift on Retirement for Men?
- Top Ideas for the Best Retirement Gift for Mom
- Retirement Gifts for Teacher That They Will Love
Retirement Wishes For Colleague
You can replace Colleague by the name of the person who is retiring.
- Dear Colleague, If you put in as much effort enjoying your retirement as you have working with this company, it is sure to be a success!
- Dear Colleague, Just because you are retired does not mean you stop taking coffee breaks. Be sure to schedule me in!
- Congrats colleague, Wishing you and your family all the best as you enter a new phase of your life. May you enjoy the extra time that you will be spending with them.
- Dear Colleague, You helped me so much and your thoughts were always well thought out and to the point. I deeply appreciate everything you did for me over the years. You will be missed. I hope that you have something wonderful planned!
- Congrats colleague, You have finally retired! You now have all the time in the world to do all those things you have not quite got around to. Let me know if you want some company!
- Dear colleague, May you have a relaxing new chapter ahead – one where you will have unlimited time to enjoy your life. Happy Retirement!
- Congratulations Colleague, I will never forget all the things you have taught me whether at work or in life. You are one of the reasons I have fun working. Congratulations! Happy Retirement!
- Best wishes and good luck for a fulfilling retirement.
- Dear colleague, They say that life starts at 40. But the truth is, it starts on your retirement. When you have the luxury to do all the things you wanted to do. Congratulations on your exciting chapter ahead!
- To a reliable and cool colleague, You have inspired us that through work hard and dedication, we can one day achieve our well-merited retirement. Congratulations on yours! Cheers!
Retirement Wishes For Friend
You can replace Friend by the name of the person retiring.
- Dear Friend, You now do not have to wake up to the sound of your alarm clock beckoning you to work. You can enjoy the unlimited time of golfing, driving around town and cooking, unless you want to take my place? Happy Retirement!
- Dear Friend, We are really going to miss you! Hope you will enjoy every minute of your retirement. Best wishes!
- Congrats friend, May this next chapter of life bring you endless time to do the things you love!
- Dear Friend, Retirement is equalled to freedom. I hope you enjoy doing the things that you do not have time for before. Congratulations! Happy Retirement!
- Congratulations friend, Welcome to the next stage of your life, where every day is the weekend!
- You deserve all the best things in this world in your retirement years to come. Have a happy and rocking retirement days!
- Dear Friend, Now the fun begins! Congratulations on your retirement!
- Congrats friend, I hope you have a wonderful retirement! You will be missed, but never forgotten. You have done so much for all of us.
- Dear Friend, Wishing you endless days of relaxation. Happy retirement!
- A life without the daily traffic jams and mounds of paperwork. Welcome to that rosy life, my friend. Happy retirement!
- Congratulations Friend, I hope your retirement is as rocking as you imagined it would be!
- Best wishes Friend for an incredibly happy retirement. Thank you for everything you have done for me directly and indirectly; it is much appreciated, and I shall miss working with you. And, of course, if you decide retirement means you’ve time to follow some artistic dreams, go for them…
- Dear Friend, Wishing you a healthy, wealthy, long and happy retirement!
- Congratulations Friend, I wish that your retirement will be everything you dreamed that it would be.
- Friend, This is another beginning of your life. Hearty congratulations on your retirement.
- Dear Friend, I am so happy to see you retire with so many wonderful years left to be enjoyed!
- Best wishes friend for you on retirement, Enjoy your time with your family and friends. May every moment of your life be fulfilling and full of joy.
- Congratulations friend! Wishing you the best of retirements filled with fun and happiness.
- Retiring does not mean that you will stop hanging out with us! Drop by for coffee occasionally. Happy Retirement!
- Wishing you the best on your life after this retirement. We will miss you.
Retirement Wishes For Father – Dad
You can replace Father – Dad by the name of the person retiring.
- Congratulations Dad on your retirement! When you get bored, I am only a phone call away!
- Dad may the retired days of your life be as sweet as honey!
- Congrats Father! May all your future dreams come true and may your life be filled with joy and happiness. Happy retirement!
- Dear Father, Retirement is the only time in your life when it’s okay to spend your entire life savings. Congratulations, you made it!
- Yay! Our dear father has finally retired! Dad, may the happiness you gift us be returned to you in oceans every single day of your retired life.
- Dad, as you get this opportunity to rest from work, I wish you double health and wisdom to enjoy and guide your family into the happiness and success you have always desired. Happy retirement.
- Congrats, dear Father, on your retirement. May this season of your life bring into your heart all the joy under the sun!
- Daddy enjoy your retirement to the max and know that I love you immensely! Happy Retirement!
- Dad, We are more than elated to know that you have finally retired from work. May the rest of your days on this earth be filled with blessings of happiness and good health. Massive congrats on your graceful retirement!
- Dear Daddy, As you begin this amazing new phase of your life, it is my prayer that the heavens will shower blessings of great physical health, love and joy onto your life till you become the happiest man in the world. Have the best of retirements!
- Father, Wishing you a retired life decorated with the most beautiful things this universe has to offer! Happy retirement.
- Dear Father, Retirement does not mean the end of your active life. You can do the things that you have always wanted to Enjoy it!
- Dear Dad, I hope retirement brings you the opportunity to fill your time with everything you enjoy!
- Congrats Dad, May you enjoy a successful life after retirement to the fullest.
- Dear Dad, May you have a fun and bright new chapter ahead of you – one where you will have unlimited time for relaxation. Happy Retirement!
- Congratulations Father, Wishing you a long, happy, and healthy retirement.
- Wishing you the most exciting and stress-free retirement ever.
- Dear Dad, You can finally savour the savings that you have worked so hard for. Travel the world! Buy that car that you have been eyeing for forever! You deserve this retirement! Congratulations!
- Congrats Dad, Enjoy your unlimited weekends! You can stay in your pyjamas all-day-long, stay in bed as much as you want and stay at home without getting any calls from work. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Dear Dad, From now on you do not have to put off the things that you have been craving to do. Welcome to the time of your freedom. Happy Retirement!
- Congratulations Father, on your retirement. We wish you tons of happiness in the years ahead.
Funny Retirement Wishes
- Retirement is like a never-ending weekend party except that you cannot drink, cannot hook up and cannot stay up all night even if you want to. So, in short, it is boring. Congratulations.
- When you get tired of your two new best friends, the bed and living room recliner, remember to give your old friend a call!
- I have to say, the highlight of our days are the times when we really annoy you. We will miss you! Happy Retirement!
- Time to ditch the suit and tie. You can now have the liberty to dress whatever you want, and no one will care. Just do not forget to put on your underwear! Happy retirement!
- You can now fix everything in your house that needs repairing until you run out of things to do. Happy Retirement!
- Dear Boss, all your life you have given orders to employees like us in the office. Now you will experience how it feels to have a boss, as you stay home and take orders from your wife. Happy Retirement.